Wow… It has been a wonderful year

With another year is coming to an end, I thought to do a brief recap of this year’s activities.

Wow… It has been a wonderful year for me. So far 2006 has been one of the best years in my life. I gained tons of experiences and knowledge this year that will help me to gain success through out my life.

I started blogging on March with a very small welcome note . And also March was a great month since our proposal for the Imagine Cup 2006 Software Design local competition was selected for last five. So begin the hard working time. But all that hard work and countless sleepless nights finally paid off when we won the IC local competition on May 31st. It was one of the happiest days in my life. I had to do a 10 min presentation about our system in front of nearly 300 people. My first presentation of that kind. Participating and wining Imagine Cup was the greatest thing happened to me in last year.

In June I participated for our 2nd batch trip. Two day trip to Sinharaja world heritage rain forest. Most remembered thing in that trip was that I slipped off form a rock, when we went to see a beautiful waterfall on the way to Siharaja and wounded my right small finger. I still have a mark in my finger to remember that wonderful trip.

July and August was very busy months. I had to participate for lectures and parallely prepare for IC world final in Agra India. And also had cover lot of subject matters that I missed during the preparation for the IC local competition. So I couldn’t post a single blog entry during that time. To make the things worse we had 5th year anniversary at FIT . We had number of events to celebrate our 5th year anniversary including multi religious ceremony, an IT exhibition and a cricket tournament. We exhibit our IC winning project Panchayudha at the exhibition. It was a huge success with lots of good comments from the public.

We fly to India on August 5th to participate for Imagine Cup world finals. It was another great thing happened to me this year. Even though we couldn’t make it to the 2nd round it was a great experience to interact with all those great young guys and girls from all over the world. During that short week I managed to learn a lot and got the chance to visit great Indian historical sites like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and managed to get a glimpse of the Indian life style and people.

Fun ended soon after we landed in Colombo…. I had to prepare for the Level3 Semester1 exam which was going to start on just 3 days. It was a very very busy time period. It was not easy to study six subjects in just a few days (Big lesson I learned). But given the circumstances I think I have done the exam well, even though this was the worse exam for me up to this date.

New chapter of my life opened up soon after the exams, Internship period at Navantis SL. This was a long waited thing for me. I always wanted to see what exactly happens in the industry. I’m still at Navantis undergoing my training. It was bit difficult at the beginning to catch up with the work, but after few days I got into the track. Life remained same ever since. Going to office in the morning and coming home in the evening. I understood that working is quite different from the university life some times it’s very boring, doing same thing over and over again.

After months of delays and tons of problems we started the implementation of the Financial Planning System for Mr.Pattrick . Our very short experience in internship helps a lot for it. With it more work come to my shoulders. After I come home around 8pm I had to start working on Pattrick project, I usually do that work from 9.30 to 11.30. It’s not easy, but what to do… If you promise for some thing you have to do it. And all weekend were spent on project meetings and implementation.

Few weeks back I did my first technical session for our super joiner batch on Introduction to .Net and Programming with C#. I was a wonderful experience to share knowledge with others.

When I look back my year’s activities I think this was a successful year for me with lots of excitements and achievement. I really think that I’ve laid a good foundation to my future in this year. Lot of lessons learned, experiences gained… And I thank every body who help me to spend a wonderful year. I’m looking forward to welcome year 2007. Hope it also will be a year of success…




 

Reader Comments



Blog Archive